Brake System Warning Signs:
- Your car pulls to one side when braking.
- Your brakes make a grinding noise when braking.
- A squealing noise that stops when braking.
- Your brake pedal pulsates up and down when pressed.
- Your brake pedal is low, hard, soft or spongy.
- Your vehicle loses grip under braking.
- Your dashboard warning light is red or amber.
- Your brake pedal is low or hard to push.
Mufflers & Exhaust Warning Signs:
- When your vehicle makes a louder noise than usual or you hear a ticking sound when accelerating (which may indicate an exhaust leak due to corrosion).
- When fuel consumption increases and/or lack of performance is noticed.
- When rust is visible on exhaust system parts.
- When rattles are heard from the exhaust system.
- If you observe an unusual smell or burning odor (which could be a potentially dangerous exhaust leak).
Steering and Suspension Warning Signs:
- A vehicle with defective shock absorbers can take as much as 8.5 feet extra to stop in an emergency.
- Your car is hard to steer, the steering system may need repair, or there may be a problem with the power steering unit.
- The steering feels loose, steering linkage parts may be worn.
- Your vehicle pulls to one side may indicate worn steering parts, wheels out of alignment or that brakes are dragging.
- Your steering wheel jerks.
- A vibrating steering wheel.
Engine Issues or Warning Signs:
Maximize the lifespan and value of your vehicle with regular servicing at MTB. Visit us before your engine light goes on or if you notice any of the following:
- Your vehicle is stalling frequently
- Your car is not running smoothly
- Your vehicle hestitates upon acceleration.
- Your car is difficult to start
- Your car idles badly
- Your car has worsening gas mileage
Is your vehicle stalling, lagging, or getting poor fuel economy?
It's always distressing to see those little check engine lights illuminate your dashboard and you may be tempted to ignore them. But those lights come on for a reason. It's the car's diagnostic system alerting you to a pressing maintenance issue. When the lights come on, it's in your best interests to take the vehicle in for prompt servicing.
Your car's electrical system consists of the battery, starter, and alternator.
The battery provides juice to the starter. Then, the alternator gives that battery the energy it needs to power your car. If one of these parts is not working properly, your car won't start or run correctly. Our expert technicians can perform an electrical system check to ensure everything is working properly.
testimonials of our clients
A special thanks for all the kind words from our valued customers.
"Excellent work and great value from a top team. Along with honesty, integrity, and excellence in service, I fully recommend MTB for service on any vehicle."
- Lindsey P. / Blackwood, NJ
"I was treated very professionally and kindly. They had an absolutely fair price for the work I needed. I've had no issues so far, and plan to continue going to them for all my needs."
- Joseph R. / Sewell, NJ
"Needed an oil change after a very long drive, they took care of it right way. They did the same when I came in a second time a year later."
- John W. / Ontario, Canada